Tuition & Fees
The school deposit is a one-off refundable deposit which is payable for all students upon being accepted at International School of Hellerup according to the list below.
Child 1: 8,000 DKK
Child 2: 7,000 DKK (total deposit fee for two children at ISH is 15,000 DKK)
Child 3: 4500 DKK (total deposit fee for three or more children at ISH is 19,500 DKK)
Child 4 and up: no additional deposit
The deposit will be refunded upon a student’s withdrawal from the school if all books have been returned in good condition before the student’s last day of school, and the withdrawal requirements have been met. Please note that the school deposit will not be refunded if you decide to withdraw your child before his or hers first day of school - the deposit is only refunded if your child has started school at ISH and you have notified the school that he or she is leaving three months prior to the student’s last day at school, please see our Student Withdrawal Policy on this page for details.
- Pre-Kindergarten: 4,160 DKK per month*
- PYP (Kindergarten - PYP 5/Grade 5): 2,935 DKK per month
- MYP (MYP1/Grade 6 to MYP5/grade 10): 3,100 DKK per month
- DP (DP1&DP2 /Grade 11&12): 3,270 DKK per month**
- Students enrolled without a CPR number (all grades): 5000 DKK per month
*the school lunch service is mandatory in Pre-K and a lunch fee of 495 DKK per month will be added to school invoice. The After School Care Programme is included in the programme fee for Pre-K students.
**in addition to the monthly school fees, parents of students in the Diploma Programme are required to pay a monthly IB standard fee of 300 DKK per month as well as an annual DP Retreat fee, which is deducted in August. For details, please refer to the DP Related Fees page in our programme fee pamphlet for more.
School Fee Reductions for Siblings
- amount of reduction for the 2nd child: 350 DKK per month
- amount of reduction for the 3rd child: 650 DKK per month
- amount of reduction for the 4th child: 1150 DKK per month
- the tuition fee must be paid for all 12 months of the year, including July.
- In addition to the monthly tuition fee, the school charges a number of administrative fees, programme related fees to cover costs for retreats, field trips, materials and more as well as an annual Parent Teacher Association (PTA) fee. Please see this document for a details regarding our fees.
- It is important that new families provide the school with their child’s Danish CPR or CDR number and registered address (as stated on the yellow Health Insurance Card, “Sundhedskort”) before September 1st. The school fee for a student enrolled at ISH without a CPR number and for whom the school, therefore, does not receive a state subsidy is DKK 5.000,- per month for the whole school year. Please see this note for students starting school after August 31st for more information. For more information about deadlines for CPR, please see this document.
Additional Notes for Pre-Kindergarten
- Pre-K programme fee subsidy: Pre-K parents may be able to claim a subsidy from the commune/municipality they reside in. The subsidy amount depends on the family’s income and the number of children in the family. Granted subsidies will be paid to the school and then deducted from the school fee. There is no application deadline for these subsidies. If you have any questions, please contact the school secretary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +45 70 20 63 68.
- Remember to withdraw your child from their current daycare provider: If your child is currently enrolled in Danish daycare, please remember to withdraw your child from their current daycare provider AND ‘pladsanvisningen’ in your municipality as soon as he or she has been accepted into ISH and you have paid the school deposit. This is to ensure that ISH will receive the state subsidy needed in order to offer the monthly Pre-K school fee listed above. Families that withdrew late from their previous daycare provider (if this is in Denmark) will be required to pay a higher school fee of up to 10 000 DKK per month for the month(s) when ISH does not receive a state subsidy for the student.
- Programme related fees: the school charges a number of programme related fees to cover costs for retreats, field trips, classroom materials and more. For detailed information about all programme specific fees, please see our ISH Fee Booklet 2020-21.
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) fees: English as an Additional Language (EAL) is offered for students who want or need to develop their English proficiency. The cost for EAL is dependent on the level of support needed and will be discussed with the EAL team.
- Learning Support Services (LSS) fees: Learning Support Services is offered to students who require assistance in class. LSS is accessible only
after an evaluation process. The cost of LSS will vary, depending on the assistance required. Please note that the LSS fee must be paid for all 12 months of the year, including July.
- Administrative fees: the school charges a number of administrative fees. Please see our ISH Fee Booklet 2020-21 for details.
- PTA fee: The school charges an annual Parent Teacher Association (PTA) fee of 250 DKK per family, which is used to fund PTA initiatives and events throughout the year.
- School Lunch Programme: A lunch service is available for all students (Pre-K to DP2). The lunch service is compulsory for all Pre- K students. Students in Kindergarten to DP2 will need to sign up to receive lunch. You can find more information about our lunch programme here. There are two subscription options to choose from:
- ANNUAL STUDENT LUNCH OPTION. By selecting this option, you will agree that ISH can add DKK 495 to your monthly invoice for the full school year. The subscription is for 10 months excluding July and August.
- FIXED TERM STUDENT LUNCH OPTION. By selecting this option, you will agree that ISH can add DKK 540 to your monthly invoice for a specific period. The fixed term subscription runs from September to December (4 months) and January to June (6 months). Parents will need to re-register in December if you wish to subscribe for the following term.
- For students in MYP 5 - DP 2, the cost for both the annual and fixed term subscription is 540 DKK per month due to delivery and packaging costs for lunch at the High School campus.
- Please note that the subscription fee is calculated based on the number of school days in a year and divided into a monthly rate. Therefore it is a flat rate each month, including months with school holidays.
- Electives and Extra Curricular Programme
We offer a wide range of electives and extra-curricular activities for students in the Primary School and Middle School. Please see our Electives page for more information and prices. The fees are paid directly to the activity teacher.
After School Care Programme (ASCP) Options and Fees 2020-21.
Fees include all daily activities and a small snack. There are five fee options for the ASCP:
- Morning Club, Monday-Friday, 7:00-8:15: 400 DKK per month
- Limited ASCP , Monday-Friday, 14:20-15:30 (13:30 start on Fridays): 400 DKK per month
- Full ASCP, Monday-Friday, 14:20-17:00 (13:30 start on Fridays): 1255 DKK per month
- Morning Club & Limited ASCP, Monday-Friday, 7:00-8:15 & 14:20-15:30pm (13:30 start on Fridays): 600 DKK per month
- Morning Club & Full ASCP, Monday-Friday, 7:00-8:30 & 14:20-17:00 (13:30 start on Fridays): 1450 DKK per month
The ASCP fee is billed monthly for all 12 months of the year, including July. If your child is attending Pre-K, the ASCP fee is included in the monthly school fee.
ASCP Late Fees
In the unfortunate event that something occurs and you must be late, please call the ASCP. We understand that this may happen occasionally, however, if you are late picking up your child more than three times in one month a fee of 200 DKK will be charged to your account.
Please see our ISH Fee Booklet 2020-21 for additional detailed information regarding our school fees.
It is important that new families provide the school with their child’s Danish CPR or CDR number and registered address (as stated on the yellow Health Insurance Card, “Sundhedskort”) before September 1st. The school fee for a student enrolled at ISH without a CPR number and for whom the school, therefore, does not receive a state subsidy is DKK 5.000,- per month. Please see this note for students starting school after August 31st for more information. For more information about deadlines for CPR, please see this document.
- Pre-Kindergarten: The CPR number and registered address (as stated on the yellow Health Insurance Card, “Sundhedskort”) must be provided to the school at the beginning of the month when the student starts school in order to claim state subsidies. The school fees will be DKK 5.000,- per month until the municipality has confirmed receipt of the CPR number and matching address.
- Kindergarten – Grade 9/MYP4: The CPR number and registered address (as stated on the yellow Health Insurance Card, “Sundhedskort”) must be provided to the school before September 1st, or the programme fees will be DKK 5.000,- per month until June of the current school year.
- Grade 10/MYP5: CPR numbers and matching address (as stated on the yellow Health Insurance Card, “Sundhedskort”) must be provided to the school before November 5th, or the programme fees will be DKK 5.000,- per month until December of the current school year.
- Grades 11&12/DP1-DP2: CPR numbers and matching address (as stated on the yellow card) must be provided to the school before September 5th, or the fees will be DKK 5.000,- per month until December of the current school year.
- How to Sign Up for Direct Debit (Mandatory for Enrolled Families)
- School Bank Details
- Payment Policies
- Student Withdrawal Policy
Direct Debit is mandatory as soon as your child is enrolled at ISH. Sign up for Direct Debit (PBS) by clicking the BETALINGSSERVICE logo below:
You can fill in the required information online: under “CPR-nr.” you must enter the payer´s CPR and account number. Your bank account number should be written under “Kontonr.” and your registration number under “Reg nr.”. Both can be found on the back of your debit card. Enter the “PBS-nr.” which is 05824478; the “Deb gr nr.” which is 00001 and the “Debitor nr.” which you can find on your school fee invoice. It will then ask you to use your NemID. This can be acquired here: https://www.nemid.nu/dk-da/kom_i_gang_med_nemid/bestil_nemid_for_forste_gang/. If you do not have a Danish CPR number, contact your bank for assistance.
To make a bank transfer for the application fee, school deposit fee or other one-time fees, please use the bank information below. Include the student’s name, date of birth and academic year. For example, if parent Anders Andersen has applied for his son, Jonas Marcus Andersen, born 11 August 2012 to start Prep 2019-2020, the bank reference should read: “Jonas Andersen 110812 prep 1819”
BANK: Merkur, Den Almennyttige Andelskasse
Address: De Mezas Vej 1-3, 8000 Aarhus
Reg. Nr.: 8401
Konto Nr/Account number: 0001192154
At ISH, we strongly believe that a clear and transparent payment policy will help the school make effective and justifiable decisions on payment, and reduce the need for appeals and claims of unfair treatment.
The International School of Hellerup is a not-for-profit private school that is recognised by and subject to Danish law and receives a subsidy from the Danish State, however, the school relies on the monthly school fees to cover operating expenses. Therefore it is very important that school fees are paid on time. Furthermore, according to auditing regulation and the provisions of the Ministry of Education, we cannot have debts of student payments, and hence we cannot keep a place in school for students who are not paid for.
In order to achieve fair treatment, we operate by the following policy at ISH:
- You must sign up for Direct Debit – the form can be found in Administration as well as online.
- Payments must be made by the fifth of the month and in advance.
- If a monthly invoice is not paid by the date due, ISH will send out a 1st reminder with the additional of 100 DKK late fee. The debt has to be payed within the next 10 days.
- If the amount due is not received by the due date as stated in the 1st reminder, a 2nd reminder will be sent 10 days after the first reminder with another late fee of 100 DKK.
- Should the amount due as stated in the 2nd reminder not be paid on time, the family will get the 3rd and last reminder. The 3rd reminder will be the last one. If it will be ignored your case will be sent to INKASSO and the child(ren) won’t be able to attend the school until payment is fully received.
- The parents must respond to the reminders from the school, so that an action plan can be made.
If parents delay payments more than 3 times and don’t respond to the reminders, the child will be considered as withdrawn from school. OR If payment is still not received by the specified date, your place will be suspended and your child/children will not be able to attend the school until payment in full is received.
If a student is leaving the school during the school year, parents must notify the school by submitting a withdrawal form (available for download here) three months prior to the student’s last day at the school. Parents who fail to give sufficient notice will be charged school fees based on the date when the withdrawal form is submitted. If submitted by the 15th day of the month, school fees will be charged for that month and two subsequent months. If submitted on the 16th day of the month or later, school fees will be charged for the month notice was given and three subsequent months. If necessary, the school deposit will be kept and used to cover some of the three months payment.
School fees are charged until the end of the month. Please remember to also cancel your Direct Debit (PBS) payment.