Through the PTA, parents have many opportunities to help our community thrive. We warmly welcome parents who are interested in undertaking key support roles whether as members of the PTA Committee or as Class Parents. Whatever level of participation you choose, your time and involvement will be greatly appreciated. Would you like to join the PTA? Contact us!
2021-2022 PTA Committee
|Chair||Jana Concha/Anna Dorrington|
|Vice Chair: Communication||Nicola Lal|
|Vice Chair: Class Parent Coordinator|
|Event Coordinators||Amanda Galston|
|PTA Coordinator||Karolina MacAulay|
- Oversee the smooth running of PTA with the support of the Vice Chair and PTA Coordinator
- Chair PTA meetings
- Act as liaison between parents and the administration
- Create agenda and facilitate monthly PTA meetings together with the PTA Coordinator.
- Write a monthly message to the parents.
- Advise parents and help welcome new families.
PTA Vice Chair of Communications
- Perform the duties of the PTA Chair in her/his absence.
- Oversee Classlist communication
- Add weekly update onto Classlist of relevant PTA events
PTA Vice Chair of Class Parent Coordination
- Host a meeting once a year for the class parents
- Assist class parents in creating some consistent plans regarding class activities such as teacher’s gifts
- Assist with the planning and execution of class-related events
- Take the minutes of the monthly PTA meetings
- Publish the minutes of the meeting with the help of the PTA Coordinator
- Keep records of all receipts on expenditures made during his/her term of office.
- Management of PTA event accounting and payments.
- Yearly financial reporting at the PTA annual general meeting.
PTA Event Coordinators
- Oversee and coordinate PTA events.
- Advertise PTA events with the help of the ISH Communications Officer.
As a PTA volunteer, you can assist in any of our projects or committees. By signing up, you will be included in our PTA Volunteer group in Classlist and added to a PTA volunteer email list and you will get a notification when the PTA is looking for parent volunteers for upcoming events or projects.