PYP Exhibition 2019-20
Central idea: Taking action transforms systems and communities
Welcome to the International School of Hellerup’s PYP Exhibition page for the 2019-2020 school year.
The PYP Exhibition is a culminating event in the journey through the PYP curriculum. It is a team endeavour and an individual pursuit. Students have been given an opportunity to showcase skills, share understandings, develop Learner Profile attributes, consolidate knowledge, and take action.
It is inspiring, tiring, and a highlight of the year for all PYP students, teachers and mentors who dare embark on this mighty challenge considering an extra layer of a struggle due to the COVID-19 effects and restrictions!
On this page, you will find information and material about the PYP Exhibition as well as links to the websites that our students have created to document and share their learning.
ISH Exhibition Team
- The Exhibition is the culminating, collaborative experience in the final year of the PYP.
- The Exhibition is an authentic process for students to explore, document and share their understanding of an issue or opportunity of personal significance.
- The Exhibition is student-initiated and designed and a collaborative process.
Timeline and Inquiry Process
- Get ready/Tune in (September – November): Engage, explore, set success criteria,/learning goals/essential agreements and collaborate
- Plan (December-January): Identify issues & opportunities/formulate questions.
- Gather (February-May): Search for resources, evaluate the credibility, record the resources and analyze the information.
- Act (May-June): Reflect, choose an action, act and share their learning.
It is a requirement that the exhibition is shared with members of the wider school community.
The exhibition should include the following.
- Examples of written work in a variety of formats and styles: poetry, reports, persuasive texts
- Oral presentations, individually or in groups, to the school community
- Uses of technology including ICT, working models, designs, science experiments
- Performances or compositions in any medium: dance, music, drama, visual arts, film, video, mixed media
Roles in the Exhibition
All members of the school community have important roles to play in the exhibition. Click on the bars below to read more about the roles in the exhibition.